time of day

Have a suggestion for "CareUEyes"? Please post it here.
Damien

time of day

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:18 pm

I have been using a similar program for years, but this morning I finally got sick of one big flaw and decided to look and see if something else was out there. I found CareUEyes and gave it a try, and it solved my main problem with the other software! Main problem was I like to have my windows taskbar to auto-hide, but the other software, somehow blocked the taskbar from showing and when I press the windows key to bring it up I wasn't able to click on much of the taskbar - the dimming function somehow interfered with the windows taskbar. Ugh! Anyway, I am VERY happy that CareUEyes solved this problem for me, and I've just paid to license it after trying it for 10 minutes!! I am so happy!!!

I will mainly use this software in the mornings, after I wake up the last thing my eyes like to see is 3 giant monitors putting out 100% brightness. I can't even look at the screens that bright after I first wake up. So, every night before I go to bed I have to be sure to start the screen dimmer program. What would be great is if I could set a time for the dimmer to start at like 5am while I'm sleeping.

I could probably achieve this with the windows task schedule, I suppose. But then the CareUEyes interface pops up when started, which is okay I guess but not perfect. Perhaps adding some command-line inputs could make this easier, so starting CareUEyes with a command line switch to start with the UI hidden, and maybe another switch to set a specific brightness level.

Or maybe somehow modify the existing timer function in CareUEyes to set the screens to go dim at a specific time. It seems like the timer is set up for your specific needs, but I have no use for it as it exists right now. I either want the screens dim or not based on when I've just woken up. I decide when my eyes can handle full brightness an then turn off the screen dimmer manually at that time. I just want the dimming to start automatically while I'm asleep so I don't have to think about it anymore. It's become a bedtime ritual that I'd rather skip.

I also thought the 'Focus' feature was interesting, but I would rather it made a section of the screen full brightness while leaving the rest of the screen dimmed at the normal dimmed brightness. That would let me see a little of the screen at full brightness while not hurting my eyes too much. Sometimes small text is harder to read while dimmed, but I don't want to un-dim the entire 3 screens just to read one small piece of text.

You've done a fine job with this program, and I'm glad to see you are still developing it. I will bring up CareUEyes any chance I get in other forums.

I'm so happy and looking forward to dimmed mornings in 2019!

CareUEyes
Site Admin

Re: time of day

Post by CareUEyes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 am

You can use smart mode, which automatically adjusts the color temperature according to the time, perhaps this is what you need.

CareUEyes
Site Admin

Post by CareUEyes » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:58 am

We have just released 1.1.22.0, this version contains the sunset sunrise feature, more information: https://care-eyes.com/how-to-use-sunris ... t-feature/

herrybraun

Post by herrybraun » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Awesome information shared about new release. Nice work.

lanaroady

Post by lanaroady » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:49 am

herrybraun wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 pm
redadair https://www.redadair.com
Awesome information shared about new release. Nice work.
Are you tried of this think more then one time ?