Computers have penetrated into every aspect of our lives. Whether in the workplace, at home, or at school, the use of computers is now almost mandatory, and to a certain extent, for many of us, watching the screen is almost inevitable.
Computer Related Health Problems
Now apparent that prolonged use can lead to a series of computer vision-related problems, collectively known as computer vision syndrome (CVS) or digital eye fatigue. In fact, just a day spent on the computer for more than two hours, you will have a 90% chance of developing computer vision syndrome (CVS).
Most of us have experienced at least some of the symptoms of CVS. These symptoms include eyestrain, headaches, dry eyes, blurred vision, neck pain.
In addition to causing CVS, the computer is a notorious blue light emitter, Blu-ray also involves many other health problems. The excessive blue light on the screen can cause eye damage and may play a role in the development of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). It also suppresses sleep and can cause insomnia and disturb your circadian rhythm. If we use a mobile phone or computer before going to bed, it is more likely to cause insomnia.
Therefore, protecting your eyes is vital whenever you use a computer, and you can use a computer screen protector to protect your eyes.
What are computer screen protectors?
The computer screen protectors can reduce blue light, glare and adjust the screen brightness to protect our eyes from electronic screens. They can be physical devices or software.
Anti glare computer screen protector for eyes
The glare of reflection on the computer screen is the one cause of eye strain. The reflection on the computer screen will constantly distract your attention, forcing you to make extra efforts to concentrate and ultimately leading to eye strain.
You can use a high-end anti-glare computer screen to reduce the glare of your computer monitor. The anti-glare filter is available in two frame designs – flat or wrap. The frame you choose depends on your display style and personal preference, and with either of them, you can virtually eliminate most of the glare that is reflected from the screen to your eyes.
Advantages: It can effectively reduce glare and Ultraviolet rays.
Disadvantages: Installation is difficult, it is easy to leave annoying dust and bubbles in the installation process, and does not have the effect of filtering blue light.
Blue light filter computer screen protector for eyes
The blue light filter screen protector is generally made of acrylic material and adopts a hanging design. You can hang it on your computer screen, which can effectively block blue light and ultraviolet rays.
Advantages: It can filter blue light and ultraviolet light
Disadvantages: Most of the blue light filter protective film will increase the glare of the screen, although the blue light is reduced, you may be troubled by the glare problem. In addition, some screen protection films have poor adhesion to the screen, causing the screen to be blurred and unclear and text and images cannot be seen clearly.
Use blue light filter software
CareUEyes is an eye protection software that runs on Windows(supports Windows 11/10/8/7/XP). It has anti-glare, blue light filtering, screen brightness adjustment, and timed reminder features. It is very convenient to use and is used by many companies and governments.
Compared with the screen protector of the physical device type, CareUEyes is a better choice, its blue light filter function is more powerful and provides more other eye protection functions. It filters the blue light by adjusting the color temperature. As the blue light decreases, the screen becomes warmer.
- You can easily download and install it.
- It has eight preset modes, each of which corresponds to eight different usage scenarios, each of which has been preset with a suitable color temperature, and you can switch between the eight modes flexibly.
- If you are not satisfied with the preset color temperature, you can also adjust the intensity of the blue light filter according to your needs.
- It has sunrise and sunset functions, allowing you to set different color temperatures for day and night, and automatically switch between sunrise and sunset for you.
- It can adjust the color temperature of multiple extended displays at the same time, without the need to purchase a separate device for each extended screen.
- CareUEyes has the function of adjusting the screen brightness. Improper screen brightness is also a very important cause of eye discomfort. With CareUEyes you can easily adjust the screen brightness.
- The glare occurs because too much light enters your eyes and interferes with your eye management. Adjusting the screen color temperature and screen brightness at the same time can effectively reduce screen glare.
- Using the computer for a long time without rest is also an important cause of eye fatigue. It is recommended to follow the “20-20-20” rule to take regular breaks. Turn on the Timer function of CareUEyes to intelligently remind you to take a break.
Don’t forget to blink
Blinking helps to lubricate the eyes, otherwise, it can cause dry eyes. When you stare at the screen for a long time, you will forget the blink of an eye, so we must consciously force ourselves to blink, which is helpful for the health of the eyes. Combined with the 20-20-20 rule.
Conclusion to computer screen protectors for eyes
We can reduce eye fatigue through physical devices, or relieve eye fatigue through habitual changes, but the most convenient way is to use eye care software CareUEyes, because it is more convenient, cheaper, and more effective, hope our article is helpful for you.